Saturday, January 2, 2010

The New Year! 2010

Today is Jan.2nd, 2010. That, in itself, is crazy to me. I can remember so well the Y2K scare thing and that we went to Sam's and bought peanut butter and water so we would not starve if the world came to an end!! We even went to Hohenwald to stay because Steve is prepared for any emergency and that is our meeting place in the event of an attack!! Seriously. Now it is 10 years later, the kids are all grown and gone, (NOT!) and I sit and wonder what will my life be like 10 years from today. Alot has happened in 10 years...we moved :( , both girls married, had 2 grand babies, quit dental, started Aflac, Alan lost his job, Jared is laid off, the economy stinks, changed churches :) and made lots of new friends. Some good, some not so good! I have learned one thing, though. We still have our health and we still have our God. He continues to bless us and keep us in His hand. I pray that this new year will be full of blessings for us and for anyone reading this. Maybe I can come back and read this in 10 years and laugh and smile, because then I will know for sure of all the blessings that he sent down on us! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment